The mission of the Montana Agricultural Business Association is to provide proactive leadership to assure the viability of Montana agribusiness by:
- supporting economically sound and environmentally responsible legislation and regulations;
- providing information and education which meets member’s needs;
- providing the opportunity for the members to network with other members;
- communicating with the university system, state and federal agencies and other groups to advance a positive agriculture and business climate;
- promoting and enhancing a safety culture in agribusiness; and
- being responsible to the public and providing that public with accurate information about agribusiness.
ORGANIZATIONAL COMPETENCY: To develop and maintain an organizational structure which addresses needs of members, is financially healthy and enables the highest level of volunteer and executive director competency.
LEGISLATIVE RELATIONS: To monitor and influence state and federal legislation which affects agribusiness.
REGULATORY RELATIONS: To monitor and influence state and federal regulation which affects agribusiness.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND ETHICS: To enhance the professional competency and knowledge of members and to foster high standards of ethical conduct.
RESEARCH AND INFORMATION: To collect and effectively disseminate information on changing technical, governmental and other conditions affecting agribusiness.
NETWORKING: To encourage interaction and understanding of issues affecting members and to provide opportunities for this exchange.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS:To maintain cooperative relationships and activities with the university system; state, regional and national agricultural, natural resource and business associations; state and federal agencies, and other groups in pursuit of MABA’s mission.
PUBLIC INFORMATION AND AWARENESS: To enhance the recognition of agribusiness professionals and improving public understanding of the positive contribution agribusiness makes to society and the environment.